Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Promise Ring

Have you noticed recently that a few hot young celebrities are strutting their stuff around Hollywood sporting diamond promise rings? Promise ring: A ring given to a romantic partner (typically given to the girl) to indicate their commitment to the relationship. It generally signifies that the couple know they want to be married, but because of age or circumstances, it's not possible at the given time. Think Nicole Richie and Ashlee Simpson:


Nicole Richie's promise ring from Joel Madden.

Ashlee Simpson's promise ring from Pete Wentz.


I recently jumped on the bandwagon when I received a diamond promise ring from my boyfriend, as a birthday gift. It's beautiful. Elegant, understated and petite. I love it so much, I just had to show it off on this blog, plus it's a celebrity trend!


No comments: